Tachyus Corp Email Resume
Full Time ‒ San Mateo, CA
The Tachyus Correctness Engineer is Software Engineer who specializes in building the infrastructure to prove our software and algorithms produce accurate results: he or she creates and manages the artifacts and processes that ensure the correctness of all Tachyus products and services. These include (but are not limited to) the infrastructure, data sets (with help from subject matter experts and the Science team), plans, scenarios/cases, and automated tests. Correctness Engineering is also intimately involved in continuous Integration and release management. The CE works closely with the entire Engineering organization, the Product team, and the Design team to prevent, catch, prioritize and eliminate errors in both software and data.
Note: Quality Assurance (QA) is separate at Tachyus. Correctness Engineering is a Software Engineering position.
The successful Correctness Engineer recognizes the importance of conducting the role as an engineering discipline and not a “quality control” process. He or she is an engineer at heart, preferably with experience writing production code.
- Design correctness tests for both physics-based and statistics-based models and predictive systems
- Liaise with the research team to understand the potential weaknesses in, and design experiments to test, core modeling and prediction algorithms
- Build systems to evaluate the quality of input and output data on an ongoing basis, including (especially) data coming from customer systems
- Run the experiments, make the tests happen
- Constantly reassess existing systems and practices
- At least 2+ years experience as a software engineer
- Ability to articulate opinions about how a software development process should operate and appropriate systems for feedback, tests and bug reports
- Personal past experience writing and testing software
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize complex customer needs
- Proficiency with SQL and elementary data manipulation and analysis
- Microsoft platform experience
- Undergraduate mathematics: statistics, calculus
- Test automation experience
- F# or Python experience
- Strong math/science skills
- Experience in oil and gas or other enterprise software development
- Previous experience working at a fast-paced start-up